Each spring, Library Week is held in Turkey to acknowledge and celebrate the role of libraries and librarians in our daily and professional lives. The country’s 55th Library Week will take place March 25–31. During that week, the Bilkent University Library will be holding a number of events to mark the occasion and highlight the importance of books, libraries and information services.
Bilkent Library staff members would like to see as many people as possible join in the celebration. They invite all members of the Bilkent community to attend this year’s Library Week events.
Library Week Activities
Monday, March 25
Conversation: “Öğrencilerin Gözünden Bilkent Kütüphanesi”
Time: 12:30–1:30 p.m.
Place: Main Campus Library Art Gallery
(This activity will be in Turkish.)
Wednesday, March 27
Group Reading Activity: “Bring Your Book, Let’s Read Together”
Time: 12:30–1 p.m.
Place: Lawn between the Library and the Rectorate Building
Friday, March 29
Competition: “Find the Library Map, Win the Prize”
Time: 2–4 p.m.
Place: Main Campus Library
About the competition:
1. Come to the Reference Room and find the librarian.
2. Pick an envelope to get your question.
3. Answer the question and search the library for the relevant book.
4. Locate the book and find the library map.
5. Go to the location marked on the map.
6. The faster you are, the better your chance of winning the prize.
– The competition is open to current Bilkent University students.
– In order to take part in the competition, please fill out the registration form.
– The deadline for registration is 5 p.m. on March 27.
– The first six students (three competitors and three substitutes) to fill out the registration form will take part in the competition. The competitors will be informed of their selection via email.
– The winner will be announced via the Library’s social media accounts.
1. 150 TL Meteksan gift certificate
2. 100 TL Meteksan gift certificate
3. Coffee and cake from Coffee Break