This week is Traffic Awareness Week. To mark the occasion, the Bilkent University Traffic Committee will be holding activities and educational programs related to traffic safety on Thursday and Friday, April 16 and 17.
Thursday, April 16:
12 noon–4 p.m.
Friday, April 17:
10 a.m.–4 p.m.
We encourage all Bilkent students to participate in the following activities and programs designed to heighten their awareness of traffic safety issues.
1) During the hours indicated above, the following activities will take place at the parking lot located by the mescit:
• The use of goggles that simulate the experience of driving under the influence of alcohol
• Simulator demonstrations on the use of seat belts
• Car crash simulator demonstration
• Introduction to the radar system
• Instruction on how to write an accident report
2) A basic traffic safety education program will take place in V Building Auditoriums 1 and 2 between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.
According to the decisions of the Traffic Committee,
• Traffic violation points will be removed from the traffic records of Bilkent students who attend the first group of activities above;
• Bilkent students who attend the basic traffic safety education program and have 12 or more traffic violation points will be able to receive a point deduction reducing to 10 the number of points on their records. However, the records of those who violate traffic rules within a month following the traffic safety program will revert to their previous status.